With complete disregard for an organized, professional group press conference with members of the media immediately following the not guilty verdict, the twelve jurors slipped off under veil of anonymity. Only one of the five alternate jurors spoke to the media, via phone, after returning home.
The twelve jurors that found Casey Anthony not guilty, are now shopping media outlets and other sources for their "stories", and they are asking a price.
That price comes in the form of Caylee's blood money.
The first of the jurors to receive Caylee's blood money is Juror #3, Jennifer Ford.
Jennifer Ford granted ABC/Disney an interview - edited to less than 10 minutes - in exchange for an all expense paid trip to Disney World for her immediately family as well as nieces and other family members.
Ford says "she did not say Casey is innocent" but is sickened by the verdict.
So are we Jennifer, so are we. Enjoy Disney and your 15 minutes.
Jennifer Ford aka Juror #3
ABC's Nightline Interview
July 6, 2011
“I toggled on manslaughter and not guilty,” Ford told “Nightline” anchor Terry Moran in an exclusive TV interview. “It doesn’t feel good. It was a horrible decision to have to make.”
“Everyone wonders why we didn’t speak to the media right away,” Ford said. “It was because we were sick to our stomach to get that verdict. We were crying, and not just the women. It was emotional and we weren’t ready. We wanted to do it with integrity and not contribute to the sensationalism of the trial.”
Ford told Moran she thought Casey Anthony’s claim that her 2-year-old daughter accidentally drowned and she lied for three years was more believable than the evidence the prosecution presented.
When asked about the chloroform and duct tape, Ford responded "I was all over the place with that. It was like I was in a maze and couldn't figure a way out."
"You can't punish someone for something if you don't know what they did." "If someone gave us a piece of paper and put us in a room and told us to write down how Caylee died, we couldn't do it." "No one in America can say how she died."
Juror 3, it was NOT YOUR JOB to PUNISH Casey Anthony. It WAS your JOB to LISTEN TO THE EVIDENCE and USE COMMON SENSE. YOU were not handing down PUNISHMENT in this phase. Did you skim over the words "Caylee is Dead" on the Juror Instruction sheet?
Showing posts with label Casey Anthony verdict. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Casey Anthony verdict. Show all posts
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Casey Anthony Juror 3: "We Were Sick To Our Stomach Over Not Guilty Verdict"
Casey Anthony Juror, Jennifer Ford "Juror 3": Sickened By Verdict
Jennifer Ford, aka "Juror 3", is a 32 year old nursing student.
Casey Anthony juror Jennifer Ford said today that she and the other jurors cried and were "sick to our stomachs" after voting to acquit Casey Anthony of charges that she killed her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.
"I did not say she was innocent," said Ford, who had previously only been identified as juror number 3. "I just said there was not enough evidence. If you cannot prove what the crime was, you cannot determine what the punishment should be."
The jury's jaw dropping not guilty verdict shocked court observers, but it was also a difficult moment for the panel, Ford said in an exclusive interview with ABC News. No one from the jury was willing to come out and talk to the media in the hours after the verdict.
"Everyone wonders why we didn't speak to the media right away," Ford said. "It was because we were sick to our stomach to get that verdict. We were crying and not just the women. It was emotional and we weren't ready. We wanted to do it with integrity and not contribute to the sensationalism of the trial."
Ford praised the jurors as individuals, as a group, and their hard work during deliberations.
"They picked a great bunch of people, such high integrity. And there was high morale," she said. "We all joked. We are like a big group of cousins."
Casey Anthony Prosecutor: 'All Came Down to Cause of Death'
Earlier today, the prosecutor and an alternate juror agreed on why the jury had refused to convict Anthony: They couldn't prove how little Caylee Anthony died.
"It all came down to the evidence," said Florida state attorney Jeff Ashton on "The View." "I think ultimately it all came down to -- at least from what the one alternate said -- it came down to the cause of death."
Russell Huekler, one of five alternate jurors who were present for all the testimony and sequestered along with the 12 other jurors, said today that he would have delivered the same verdict and that he was shocked by the public outrage over the trial's outcome.
"The prosecution failed to prove their case and there was reasonable doubt. Again, they didn't show us how Caylee died. They didn't show us a motive. I'm sorry people feel that way. ... These were 17 total jurors. They really listened to this case and kept an open mind," Huekler said.
Prosecution was hampered by the fact that Caylee Anthony's body wasn't discovered until six months after she disappeared. She was found lying in a swampy, wooded area. Her body was so badly decomposed that the autopsy could not determine a cause of death and stated only that she was a victim of homicide by undetermined means.
Alternate Juror Says Casey Anthony "A Good Mother"

Good Mother?? Did he hear the same story I/we have heard for THREE YEARS??
Now I'm sick to my stomach...
Jennifer Ford, aka "Juror 3", is a 32 year old nursing student.
Casey Anthony juror Jennifer Ford said today that she and the other jurors cried and were "sick to our stomachs" after voting to acquit Casey Anthony of charges that she killed her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.
"I did not say she was innocent," said Ford, who had previously only been identified as juror number 3. "I just said there was not enough evidence. If you cannot prove what the crime was, you cannot determine what the punishment should be."
The jury's jaw dropping not guilty verdict shocked court observers, but it was also a difficult moment for the panel, Ford said in an exclusive interview with ABC News. No one from the jury was willing to come out and talk to the media in the hours after the verdict.
"Everyone wonders why we didn't speak to the media right away," Ford said. "It was because we were sick to our stomach to get that verdict. We were crying and not just the women. It was emotional and we weren't ready. We wanted to do it with integrity and not contribute to the sensationalism of the trial."
Ford praised the jurors as individuals, as a group, and their hard work during deliberations.
"They picked a great bunch of people, such high integrity. And there was high morale," she said. "We all joked. We are like a big group of cousins."
Casey Anthony Prosecutor: 'All Came Down to Cause of Death'
Earlier today, the prosecutor and an alternate juror agreed on why the jury had refused to convict Anthony: They couldn't prove how little Caylee Anthony died.
"It all came down to the evidence," said Florida state attorney Jeff Ashton on "The View." "I think ultimately it all came down to -- at least from what the one alternate said -- it came down to the cause of death."
Russell Huekler, one of five alternate jurors who were present for all the testimony and sequestered along with the 12 other jurors, said today that he would have delivered the same verdict and that he was shocked by the public outrage over the trial's outcome.
"The prosecution failed to prove their case and there was reasonable doubt. Again, they didn't show us how Caylee died. They didn't show us a motive. I'm sorry people feel that way. ... These were 17 total jurors. They really listened to this case and kept an open mind," Huekler said.
Prosecution was hampered by the fact that Caylee Anthony's body wasn't discovered until six months after she disappeared. She was found lying in a swampy, wooded area. Her body was so badly decomposed that the autopsy could not determine a cause of death and stated only that she was a victim of homicide by undetermined means.
Alternate Juror Says Casey Anthony "A Good Mother"
Good Mother?? Did he hear the same story I/we have heard for THREE YEARS??
Now I'm sick to my stomach...
Prosecutor Jeff Ashton On Casey Anthony Verdict : "I was shocked." Today Show Interview July 6, 2011
Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Casey Anthony Verdict: Today Show Interview Video Clips for June 6, 2011
Jesse Grund "shocked and stunned" at Not Guilty Verdict. "Still Misses Caylee"
Last Days In Jail For Casey Anthony?
Casey Anthony Not Guilty Verdict Sends Shockwaves Across Country:
Jesse Grund "shocked and stunned" at Not Guilty Verdict
Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Last Days In Jail For Casey Anthony?
Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Casey Anthony Not Guilty Verdict Sends Shockwaves Across Country:
Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Jesse Grund "shocked and stunned" at Not Guilty Verdict
Russell Huekler, Alternate Juror in Casey Anthony Trial Defends Verdict
Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)
